Are you wondering how to get and keep the attention Choir? Well, it all starts with your posture. In this post, I will show you the perfect conducting posture.
One of the first things you must learn is how to stand while you are conducting. This is posture.
Your poster is the foundation of all the physical movements or gestures you will make. The better your posture, the more convincing and effective you’re conducting will be.
- Feet: Stand relaxed with your feet about hips distance apart. Make sure that you are comfortable. Keep your knees slightly bent. This will make it easier for you to move in all directions.
- Chest and Shoulders: Stand like a king or queen with your chest and your shoulders open and relaxed.
- Head: Pretend you are a king or queen by positioning your head over your body without tension.
- Arms, Hands, and Fingers: Let your arms, hands, and fingers fall relaxed at your sides.
- Relax: Stay relaxed while you maintain this posture. The sign of any unnatural tension will take away from your communication.
Let’s review. Your posture is one of the most important parts of becoming a great conductor.
Position your feet, chest, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, and head in a confident way. Stay relaxed at all times.
And, remember to believe in yourself so others will believe you.
Please follow and like us: